Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our job security is on notice


We have loved Tassie for years now. Loving it and leaving the safe haven of job security, family and friends, is two different things, and somewhat daunting. I have just told my manager that I will be leaving in Sept, for a new life in Tassie. I think she was the first one I have told that didn't say "Its cold down there". Which has been the going phrase. I think most people don't think that Tasmanian's have the capability to warm their homes, cars and work places. As for me, I am not planning to sit outside with no clothes on. Tasmania opens up a lot of opportunities for us. Being able to afford to life near a river, where we can anchor "The mistress" an Auckland 34ft sloop, called Oasis 11, aswell as leaving the local rat race that our current environment , has become.Well the reality of a sea change in Tasmania is becoming real. Its exciting. Change keeps you young.

1 comment:

  1. Naa I can see it now ... you and Steve out there in your longjohns sipping on a glass of red with a brazier burning and filling out the dole form while the "mistress" dances on a wave in the distance. Coooolll idea. Why didnt I think of it first??? maybe you could tell people its not so cold down there anymore with all the global warming see what they come up with! Anyway... well done!! xxx

    ReplyDelete